And we just thought we’d let you know, incase you want to come along.
She’s giving a talk in Surry Hills of Friday 20th February called PLANET ON A PLATE, and she’s being introduced by the one and only Joel Salatin.
Who is Dr Vandana Shiva? Only one of our all-time heroes and seed freedom warrior.
She’s a scientist, ecologist, an award winning author, and an outspoken advocate for fair food and seed sovereignty, for people wold wide.
In celebration of 2015, the Year of the Soil, Dr Vandana Shiva will give this talk on the importance of seed freedom and food democracy for the future of our food and land.
It’s going to be quite a night. Expect fireworks of the verbal and human networking kind.
We were very happy to make Joel Salatin available for this event for free, in solidarity of the message contained in this evening. And all profits from this event are going towards the GM-Free Australian Alliance.
So now you really do have to come. The 7th generation of the 7th generation will benefit from your contribution to keep genetic diversity in our food, and to keep seeds free for all.
More about Dr Vandana Shiva
Books by Dr Vandana Shiva
- The Vandana Shiva Reader (Culture of the Land)
- Making Peace with the Earth
- Stolen Harvest: The Hijacking of the Global Food Supply
- Earth Democracy: Justice, Sustainability, and Peace
- Staying Alive: Women, Ecology, and Development
- Soil Not Oil: Environmental Justice in an Age of Climate Crisis
- Biopiracy: The Plunder of Nature and Knowledge
- Water Wars: Privatization, Pollution, and Profit
- Manifestos on the Future of Food and Seed
So, will we see you there? We hope so. If you’re too far flung, check out the books above and get reading. This is important stuff.